In a survey we found the following interesting mechanisms employed by some malls to attract more foot falls.
- Select Citywalk, a high end mall in Saket, New Delhi plans to offer concessional taxi services to its customers. They also plan to launch a loyalty programme.
- Unitech will start bus service to fetch customers to the mall from Jan-2008. They also plan to launch a Gym in Noida Mall along with Coffee Shop and Hypermarket. Goal is to convert the consumers of Gym into customers of Coffee shop to have breakfast or shop at hypermarket.
- Parsvnath Developers is toying with the idea of having banks, payment centers for telecom services, insurance, medical stores and health clinics.
- Central Mall in Bangalore charges you for the parking which can be adjusted against shopping at any outlet including Cafeteria
- Ambience Mall in Guragon is planning to reimburse customers who might have paid toll on their way to the mall
Bottom line, Retail India is finally realizing that Customer is the King and is the most important visitor on their premises. Way to go Mall Managers and Retailers 🙂
Women Only Stores Vs Women and Kids Malls